1. RELAX | Whatever is worrying or stressing you right now is showing all over and around you. Since the only place of power is the present moment, think about something you can do right now to shift into a more peaceful place. Go for a walk, stand up and stretch, or go outside for a breath of fresh air. These are things that will connect you back to your body.
2. BREATHE | Close your eyes, take three really deep breaths to help clear the cobwebs. Click here for three deep breathing exercises you can learn for deeper relaxation.
3. SMILE | If this seems like the last thing you want to do right now, force yourself anyway. Go ahead, turn up the corners of your mouth – or better yet, show those pearly whites. Do this until you feel better. Studies show that it really works (click here for info). If the image of you grinning for no reason doesn’t make you smile, perhaps someone will see you and smile back. That’s gotta feel good!
4. VISUALIZE | Bringing to mind the image of something or someone you love can help lighten your mood. Can you see your dog’s tail wagging at the sound of your voice? Can you feel the arms of your kids the last time they hugged you for no reason? Maybe you can remember this morning’s sunlight on your face or last weekend’s sunset at your vacation spot. Remembering something you love will instantly shift your energy into a more positive, relaxed state.
5. CELEBRATE YOURSELF | Think of something you accomplished recently and remember how that felt. Did you help someone else? Think about that moment and how it felt. If you can bring to mind one thing that you did from a place of compassion and kindness, either for yourself or someone else, choose to think about that instead of dwelling on your worries or stresses…even if for a moment.
(photo credit: Shutterstock.com)
Do you know someone who’s shining their light? Contact us and tell us their story! We love to network with people doing things that bring them joy and serve others in the process. We seek out opportunities to shine light on the good works of individuals and organizations! We would also love to hear your story and/or have you participate in our gallery. There’s no one quite like you and we’d like to acknowledge that! THANK YOU FOR SHINING YOUR LIGHT!